Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Camps Fun

I love the six weeks during the summer when our center is filled with kids here for our camps programs! It does my heart good to see the kids connecting with each other, some of them re-connecting from past summers, and working hard on all kinds of things together. While I’m not directly involved in the camps programs anymore, I do take time to chat with the kids each day and see what they are up to. Over the last week they have worked hard to get their garden prepped and planted. I hear we will have everything from zucchini to pumpkins to yellow tomatoes this year! There has been fun in the kitchen making snacks and, of course, lots of outdoor activities. Our goal is to provide the kids with many memory-making opportunities. It’s a privilege to have these kids around for the summer – a definite highlight of our year!

No comments: