Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Finding Contentment

I often find myself always wanting more, rushing through life and forgetting to take time to appreciate and enjoy what I have. As we finish the summer I am so thankful for the time I've had with my kids. We took time to enjoy bike rides around the neighborhood, swim a lot, plant a garden and watch it grow (we have more tomatoes than we know what to do with), and just enjoy the wonderful things that summer provides. As fall approaches and school starts, I appreciate the newness of what we have; a little more structure, earlier bed times and time apart for the girls.

During these transitions it's so easy to think, "if only..." I'm really making a conscious effort to think, "wow, life is good". It's amazing how this helps me to keep a positive attitude each day. I feel so much more content with life - it's worth the mind shift! Take time to appreciate what you have. If you have a computer and are able to read this you are one of the wealthiest people in the world! That alone is worth finding contentment. Trying to keep up with those who have more will only keep you wanting more and finding that contentment will be difficult. Which way are you going to approach each day?

No comments: