Thursday, October 25, 2007

HearthSong

I felt like talking about something fun for my blog this week so when I received the new HearthSong catalog in the mail yesterday I knew it was just what I was looking for. I’m not sure how many of you get this catalog, but it is great.

I think Nicole made a great point in her blog this week about all those ways that we used to “waste time” when we were kids and how many kids these days have no idea what to do with extra time if their electronic devices are not available. I too remember spending hours just “wasting time” with the friends in my neighborhood or with my sister. I loved taking trips with my family and searching for license plates.

This doesn’t mean that I didn’t have toys or never watched tv, but I feel like there was a good balance between tv time and “wasted time.” Wow did my friends and I come up with some creative ways to use our toys and everyday items. This is why I love the HearthSong catalog so much. All of the toys in it inspire creativity and imagination.

It makes me want to be a kid again, but that is the great thing about RDI I can be even if it is for just a little while. Check out the HearthSong website I’m sure you will be able to find something that your child will enjoy and amazingly enough they don’t sell electronic devices. One of the even greater things about this catalog is that everything is very reasonably priced.

The website is www.hearthsong.com. Enjoy!

Talk to you soon,
Erin

No comments: