Monday, May 12, 2008

Time Well Spent or Time Well Wasted?

As I sat waiting for an appointment today, I realized all of the short increments of time that we have each day to either use wisely or waste. As I jotted a list of things that I needed to do, I realized that I could accomplish several of those items in the few minutes that I had to myself. It became apparent to me how effective small moments of time can be during the day. It would have been easy for me to take a break or chit chat, but instead I chose to be productive and complete a few quick items. As I pondered this, I thought about all of those times I have during the day with my son and how I choose to spend them. Sure, some I waste by talking on the phone or watching TV, but others I choose to spend playing with him. Every parent in today's society is crunched for time, but I assure you, there are times in the day when you can spend a few quality moments with your child. How will you choose to spend your time today? What will you do with those few short moments? Will it be time well spent or time well wasted?

Have a great week!

Courtney

No comments: