Thursday, March 1, 2007

212°

Recently my sister showed me an inspirational video that I felt not only described the staff, but also the parents we work with at Horizons. The video was entitled 212°.

212° is the point at which water boils. The point being that at 211° water is merely hot, but by going that one extra degree water goes beyond hot to boiling. When applied to life that one extra degree makes all the difference. This is what our parents do when they begin their RDI journey.

The video goes on to say that, “You are responsible for your results.” It also says, “To get what we’ve never had we must do what we’ve never done.” It takes great courage to go that one extra degree that places us beyond ordinary or keeps us in the safe static pattern that we are used to.

I have always prided myself on being the kind of person who gives my all to the things I am passionate about including my family, friends and my work. I feel so blessed to have found people to spend my days with who think and do the same. It is so exciting to work in a 212° environment with 212° coworkers and 212° families. Going that extra degree will make all the difference in the lives of the families we serve. I truly believe this and will continue to give that extra degree.

I would like to leave you with one final quote from the video (which you can check out at the website www.simpletruths.com).

“The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life is the will to try it and the faith to believe it possible.”

Help us go the extra degree and take our instructional program survey. A link to the survey is located on the left.

Talk to you soon,
Erin

No comments: