Thursday, March 29, 2007

How beautiful are you?

As I sat at my computer this morning with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes for my colleague and friend Michelle trying to decide what to blog about I read one of the sayings on my day to day calendar and thought that's what I need right now.

The saying goes "Do you ever stop to realize how beautiful you are and who the people are in your life that see your beauty? How about right now?"

We all have beauty it is just a matter of what we deem beautiful. Some of us have surface beauty, some of us have inner beauty and some of us have a combination of both. What makes each of us beautiful in our own way depends on the eye of the beholder. What I find beautiful about someone may be different than what you find beautiful about that same person. Sometimes it is hard to find our own beauty or the beauty in another person, but if you look hard enough you will see it.

Go to the mirror right now and tell yourself how beautiful you are - be specific. What is it about yourself that you find beautiful? Now go and find all those people in your life that you care about and tell them how beautiful they are to you and why. Now is the time, don't wait. You may just turn someone's day around or change how they see themselves.

Often times our lives are so hectic and hurried that we don't take the time to slow down and tell people how beautiful they are so it will be my mission today to tell at least 5 people how beautiful they are. Can you beat me?

Talk to you soon,
Erin

No comments: