Friday, April 13, 2007

212° - Here We Come!

Well, after a lot of work we finally have our information ready for our new programming. All of the information is slowly making its way out to those of you who may be interested in pursuing some different instructional options with us.

Since everyone gave their stories this week, I thought, why not, I have one too. Some of you may not know, but I also used to teach in the school system. After a few years of teaching (in a job market that didn't do any good for me), then directing a daycare, we finally decided to move to Grand Rapids - the only problem was - I didn't have a job. This was probably the first time since I was 16 years old that I was unemployed. It was very scary for me. I really didn't know what I wanted to do, I just knew that I needed to be working. Thankfully, my mom was talking with Michelle and Michelle mentioned that Horizons was looking for someone to manage the office. My mom passed the word on to me and I contacted Nicole. Well, obviously I'm here so I got the job.

A year a half later I'm now working full-time (my job started at 30 hours a week) and I have plenty to keep me busy. There are always new ideas and thoughts flowing around here. I believe this is what makes us the one degree that makes a difference.

I knew fairly quickly after starting here that something was different. That something is RDI. I see the changes that are happening daily in families and am amazed at what this program can do. So, when we decided to go forth with our 212° Learning Opportunities I thought - YES - something that makes a lot of sense. Hopefully a lot of others will see how these programs can help them makes changes in their lives too.
So, check out the opportunities with:

No comments: