Thursday, April 19, 2007

Positive Thinking

I was thinking this morning on my drive to work that it was Thursday and my turn to post, but what to post? I decided it would just be a general post about the past week.

This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity not only to spend the whole weekend with some of my favorite people, but also to learn some really great new things that I know will help the clients I see. A bunch of us from the office traveled to Chicago for the HANDLE conference this weekend. In brief HANDLE is a holistic approach neurodevelopment that uses a variety of activities to integrate the brain and body for better functioning. Wow did I learn a lot about myself and many things to use with the children I see. I can't wait to start using some of them and for the results. We all talked about how this was that other missing piece we have been searching for. We'll keep you posted.

So the conference took the whole weekend so I wasn't really looking forward to the busy week ahead. I had several appointments and an assessment scheduled for this week as well as a lot of things that needed to be finished at work. The amazing thing is I just decided it would be a good week and that everything would get done and I can't believe how great the week is turning out. I am feeling really optimistic about several of my families at this point.

So I guess my message for today is the power of positive thinking. It really can make a difference.

Talk to you soon,
Erin

No comments: