Thursday, July 26, 2007

Optimism!

I found this quote and thought that it was appropriate for what we do each and every day in RDI.

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." Helen Keller

I feel that each of the families we work with come to have their own sense of optimism. Some come to us with optimism and some gain it through their time with us.

This quote just makes so much sense to me when I think of it in terms of optimism versus pessimism. If we are pessimistic then we have little hope and no confidence which makes it very difficult to accomplish anything and certainly makes it difficult to instill these virtues in our children. Hope and confidence that we can make a difference are what keeps us going especially when it is difficult.

Are you an optimist or a pessimist? If you find yourself thinking that you are a pessimist it might be time to make some changes.

RDI is my optimism it gives me hope and confidence for a quality of life for all of our families and their children!

Talk to you soon,
Erin

No comments: