Thursday, August 9, 2007

Being Present

As Michelle blogged about yesterday we are back from our annual conference in beautiful San Diego. I was lucky enough to go out ahead of time and spend a few days vacationing in the area with my family. It was a great time and I learned several new things while I was there. It gave me a chance to slow down and just enjoy life. I was able to visit Disneyland, the Wild Animal Park, the San Diego Zoo, Coronado Island, La Jolla and Old Town as well as do some shopping. I of course also found time to just be lazy and do nothing. What a fabulous way to spend a few days.

After returning home and going through my huge pile of mail and reading through my page a day calendar I found this quote which I think ties in my vacation and also some of what we talked about in our parent presentation at the annual conference.
"Take some time today to be present to the summer. We don't have to do anything special - just be present. That's more than enough."
I think that sometimes we get so bogged down in planning out every moment of our life or trying to come up with all of these great activities to do with our child that we forget that sometimes it is okay and even really beneficial to just be present in the moment(s). Just being is enough.

So challenge yourself over the course of the next few days to find some time to just be.

Talk to you soon,
Erin

No comments: