Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.

Life is beauty, admire it.

Life is bliss, taste it.

Life is a dream, realize it.

Life is a challenge, meet it.

Life is a duty, complete it.

Life is a game, play it.

Life is a promise, fulfill it.

Life is sorrow, overcome it.

Life is a song, sing it.

Life is a struggle, accept it.

Life is a tragedy, confront it.

Life is an adventure, dare it.

Life is luck, make it.

Life is too precious, do not destroy it.

Life is life, fight for it.

Mother Teresa

No matter which one of these descriptions of life describes you at the moment embrace it. Each of us will experience all of these phases of life at some point along our journey. Sometimes we become stuck in one phase or another for longer periods of time, but we always come out the other side and move on to a new phase. Isn’t that what makes life interesting and fun?

As I read through all of these I was trying to decide which statement was my favorite and I think I decided that I liked two of the statements equally the last line Life is life, fight for it! and Life is a promise, fulfill it.

I have always tried to live my life to the fullest and to follow the path the makes me happy and makes the most sense to me at the time. Sometimes this can be a fight to do what is best for me and not just what I think will make others happy.

As I read through this quote I was thinking that I need to renew my promise to myself to live my life to its fullest.

How about all of you? Which one of these life statements touches you and rings true? If you feel like sharing please make a comment. I would love to hear from you.

Talk to you soon,
Erin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - love this Erin!
Many of them ring true for me, but I think my favorite is "Life is a dream, realize it." I think we are all put on this earth to contribute something for the greater good, and to live out the dreams and goals we have for ourselves. I want my kids to grow up dreaming big and knowing that they have the ability and tenacity to realize those dreams.
Great post!
-Nicole