Thursday, June 5, 2008

Closure

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Noel Adams

I was looking for a quote to go along with my blog for this week and came across this one that I think says it all. Do any of us ever really end up going where we intended, but somehow end up where we were meant to be? That is what happened to me 8 years ago when a student with autism ended up on my caseload and I fell in love with a whole new population of students that I didn’t know anything about. Then Nicole came into my life and changed it even more when she introduced me to RDI®. That was it the end to my old way of thinking and the beginning of the new.

So it is at this time with great joy and sadness that I say goodbye to one part of my life. Yesterday was my last day working for the public school system. I am now a full time RDI® consultant, speech/language pathologist and feeding therapist in the private sector. I can believe how great it feels to follow my passion and know that this is where I intended to be all along it just took me a little time to find my way here.

This past week has one of closure for me. I have said goodbye to the many students, staff and parents that I have worked with over the past 13 years. It has been an amazing journey where I have learned so much and it led me to find my passion for this I will always be grateful. Although it has been sad I have also felt a sense of rightness in knowing that this is the right decision for me.

So as I close this chapter of my life and begin a new one I am looking to the Horizon and anticipating all of the great things to come in the place where I intended to be!

Talk to you soon,
Erin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It shows great courage to leave the land of certainty and allow yourself to take advantage of new opportunities for growth. You are a role model for us all, and we are so blessed to now have you with us full-time!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Change is difficult but making the choice vs having it made for you is a plus. We are very thankful that you have made this choice. Our daughter Elizabeth has made many strides due to all the hard work you have spent at the Horizon's dining room table.